A bit about... whatever's on my mind. ;)

A bit about... whatever's on my mind.  ;)
Hello Friends, Family, and Peoples, Welcome to My Blog. :)
Now I only post when time will allow me to do so, and it's all very random. So add yourself as a follower, down and to your right. This way you wont miss a thing...

Enjoy!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Farmington Renaissance Fair


Swords, knights, Lady's in waiting, kings, Queens, dragons, and castles....
Are but a few thoughts we had when we herd about a Renaissance Fest.
Nathan and I love this time period. Nathan loves it for the jousting, folk lore and noble knights. Me, I love it for the clothes, music, and architecture! So of course we were going to dress up and and go!
And I am so glad we did. We went to several of these in Europe and loved them.. But of course that was in Europe where the setting couldn't be better... Right on Castle grounds! So we weren't expecting to much being here in the US, and in the desert of all places.
We were wrong though! The local SCA did a fantastic job, as well as the Farmington Museum! The booths and entertainment fit perfectly with the time period! And I loved how so many dressed from the different era's. It was almost like being in Europe. Can't say it was as good as the ones in Europe.. you really can't beat the settings there.

Well While we were there, I decided to pay a visit to the local Gypsy, very educational. (lol, I don't believe in this stuff, but it was fun, and yes very sacrilegious (bad me)) She did one tarot card for me.... It was a Naked lady! ( I was like- okay, and what is this suppose to mean? (I need to get naked more, lol)) She informed me that this meant that me or my spouse (Nathan) have some kind of addiction. And that we need to stop it, for it is ruining one of our bodies and causing contention in our marriage. (lol)
My good ol' pal Amber went with me, and get this, Amber pulled a Angel card out of the deck, and the same Gypsy told her that Angels where guiding her and her husband in their marriage and as long as they listen to them, they will live happily ever after..
So I get naked people and contention, while Amber gets Angels and happily ever afters.
lol!!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! So not fair! That's Hilarious though! I love Ren Fairs! I'm glad you went! The one they have in Queencreek, near Phoenix is AWESOME! I've never been to the one in Farmington, though.. hmmm
    COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was meaning to ask you what your card was! I had no clue cuz I was keeping Jake busy. I didn't know if you wanted him to know anything of what was going on. Maybe you should have gone first :)

    ReplyDelete